Sunday, October 01, 2006

Deconstruction

My original plan when visiting the ruins was to look for compositions like this one and since I have been working on a "deconstuction" series of photos for a long time. This one is has had nothing done to it. Others I have made more abstact using photoshop.seeing the compositions that are
already out there in the man made environment is a theme I have worked on for a lot of years.
It has only been recently that I've taken it to the next level at the industrial ruins level.
Once I was there I started documenting the scene around me and that led to the series of Industrial wastelands photos that are the midwestern "rustbelt" .Although it wasn't my original plan to do it. Documenting the decaying Ohio steel industry became both an artistic and political statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home