Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mod Mid Century Gas Station, Columbus Ohio


This wonderful example of space age architecture is something I grew up seeing on a regular basis when I was a kid. I didn't realize until I was an adult the effect of the space age had on me and my outlook and appreciation for design. This beauty lasted until the 199o's when it was demolished to make a bigger convenience mart for the gas station. It is a generic looking box as you would expect but it holds more candy and drinks. I'm glad I got the picture first!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Debra Jane Seltzer (aka agilitynut) said...

It looks like this might have been a Champlin station. There's still a canopy like this in Oklahoma City:
http://www.agilitynut.com/11/4/okcchamplin.jpg

7:56 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

This is a certified gas station which is a small local company

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home