Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mid century modern signage



This is a primo example of mid century modern signage. These pictures don't do it justice because the BBF ( burger boy food-a-rama) was known as the home of the Whirling satellite. The large satellite was neon and rotated. There was also one inside the lobby. Seeing the whirling satellite is one of my favorite memories of 1960's Columbus Ohio.
This part of what makes me the "spaceage" guy I am. I was able to find video of a "whirling satellite" on you tube under ROTOSPHERE. Very cool.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous photo restoration said...

I love how certain things are stuck in ones memory for life! Great article!

4:14 AM  
Anonymous paul d gates said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home