Sunday, March 30, 2008

DEVO_SPACE JUNK!

One of my favorite bands is DEVO. They were/are very creative and conceptual with a lot of humor too. A lot of space age references. We saw the band in Cleveland close to their hometown of Akron. The band started as a conceptual art project when they were students at Kent state. They had to learn how to play the instruments to go along with the concept. One of their songs I especially like is "space junk" it is a song about space junk i.e. used satellites etc. falling to earth and hitting people in the head.
Since I am a someone who grew up watching rockets going into the sky, and landing on the moon, this is the thing for me. I was totally into it recently when the navy sent a missile into the sky and blasted a defective satellite. space is the place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home